5 reasons to wear a watch
With the advances of modern technology, people seem to think that watches are becoming of less value for us to carry around on a daily basis. This is certainly not true; watches are timeless pieces that will forever be a part of our lives. So here are 5 reasons why you should wear a watch – if you don’t already that is:
- Watches do not rely on electricity. In a power cut or when your phone battery dies, a watch will not. Aside from the obvious need for a change of batteries or mechanism needing winding, they are an incredibly reliable piece of kit.
- Simple and easy to use, good old classic watches are not difficult to read, yet have incredibly interesting, complex mechanisms working beneath the surface. They tell the time and sometimes the date, but have no unnecessary distractions to impose on the beautiful watch face.
- Watches are convenient, meaning there’s no need to rummage around for your phone. Located on your wrist, they are always available right by your side. They can help to keep you punctual, time aware and aid you in building a routine through their timekeeping abilities. They are also a subtle way of glancing at the time to keep to a schedule – particularly useful in work circumstances.
- A watch can be a reflection of someone’s personality, often considered a statement of style and self-expression. You can learn a lot about a man by his watch. Pieces such as antique men’s pocket watches may be an item that holds much family history or be an item from a treasured collection of timepieces.
- A watch is a statement of craftsmanship, a piece of art worn for all to see. Over the years we have seen some astonishingly beautiful examples of such fine craftsmanship from antique items to modern timepieces. The beauty of timekeeping devices is truly admirable.