Have you ever given someone a watch as a present? Perhaps you chose a timepiece for a loved one, a family member, or your children. Have you ever thought past the initial notion that it’s a nice gift that will be received well and questioned what it means to different people to be given a watch, whether it’s antique pocketwatches, vintage wrist watches, or a ‘my first watch’ style movement?
If you haven’t, fear not, we’ve done the thinking for you, scoured the globe, and found some proverbs-style meanings that relate to offering a watch as a present:
What does it mean for a man to give woman a watch as a present?
- A declaration that ‘we are together for every second of the day’.
- He is bestowing his time to the woman.
- By seeing the timepiece, the owner sees their significant other every day, every hour, every minute, and every second.
What does it mean for a woman to give a man a watch as a present?
- A woman is declaring that ‘my time is your time. Your time is my time’.
- Whenever you are missing the other half, just remember that every minute and every second the other person is waiting for you.
- She is by your side.
What does it mean to give a watch to a friend?
- Our time is a treasure and the watch suggesting a long friendship.
- I hope that the person I give this watch to is happy every day and I will always be by your side.
What does it mean for an adult to give a watch to a child?
- A watch represents the hope that the child will cherish their time.
- The idea that children should seize the time to learn knowledge and become a success.